Friday, April 20, 2007

How Did I Get Here?

I have been eyeing this book “How Did I Get Here?” by Barbara DeAngelis for quite awhile. I stumbled across this book in MPH when I was doing my usual browsing. Yet, I didn’t buy the book back then as the 2 books there were in a bad condition, and I could not seem to find it in another branch subsequently…

However, my friend managed to get it for me in Borders with a 30% off. Thank you, friend! :)

I am very sure this will be an interesting book for me…

Something in this book caught my attention first… and then I am drawn to this piece of writing in it. It seems so apt...

The Real Me

Sometimes I love being with people.
Sometimes I flee from company and can bear only silence.

Sometimes I am sure people see my gifts, my wisdom and my light.
Sometimes I think people have no clue who I really am.

Sometimes I will forgive and forgive and forgive and forgive

no matter what someone does to me.
Sometimes a line is crossed, and I close the door.

Sometimes I am the ancient goddess with the power of the universe flowing through me.
Sometimes I am an insecure, wounded little girl afraid to make a phone call.

Sometimes I have infinite patience and compassion for everyone’s choices.
Sometimes how people live and behave makes me ill.

Sometimes I see the perfection of the life and purposefulness in everyone and everything.
Sometimes I think the world is just a screwed-up place.

Sometimes I want to serve the planet with every waking breath that I take.
Sometimes I want to cash in my retirement account and go live on a tiny tropical island w
here I have no responsibilities, no commitments and no purpose other than enjoy each glorious day.

No comments: