Friday, August 06, 2010

Updates...

I have MIA for the longest time in blogging, and realize that my last entry was in Feb…Well, that was the start when life started to take a change.

It has been a roller coaster ride for the past months. Life suddenly seemed to turn topsy turvy. I get more tired easily, my energy level drops tremendously, not to mention about my low concentration power and learning ability. And this has affected me in all areas generally. I start to stop doing the usual activities that I have been doing too - not that I do not want to do, but slowly I cannot do them anymore.

My emotions swing like a pendulum. Sometime I get frustrated and angry, other times I feel stressed, upset, helpless and useless. Yet there are times I feel blessed and fortunate.

There are a thousand and one things to learn and get ready. The list seems non-exhaustive and overwhelming. We have heaps of logistics and mechanics to sort out and put in place too so that we can be ready. While other couples have other family members to support them along the way and seem to be having quite an easy time, Dan and I are bashing our way through on our own… as usual…

I think the most stretched person is Dan, for he is onto everything and anything. Other than his super busy work, he handles the 2 little monster schnauzers (read: clean the poo and pee, discipline them and wake up early to stop their barking), do all the housework, fuss over me in small and big matters, and goes around getting what we need in place… Over the months, we have stopped running all together already, yet, he got skinnier! I think that speaks volume how overworked he has been. And I must say that Dan has been taking care of me in all matters, and accommodating me in every little thoughtful way. For this, I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to have him around in my life. Otherwise how would my life be?!? If only I can be in more of a contribution to him though… Haiz.

We are now in the last dash - I am already into my 35th week, and that leaves a few more weeks before the delivery of our baby girl… My baby girl already has a mind of her own even before she is out into the world by the way! Whatever we can try to get ready and be prepared, we have tried. So I figure we will have to relax and surrender ourselves now and enjoy the last bit of couple’s life together before our girl’s arrival.

I strongly believe that life will change even more after I give birth. “Beyond imagination” is the phrase exactly for me, man... I do not know how I can be up to being a mom, lest alone a good mom. Gosh.

Let’s wait and see ba… May the journey be not as tough as I have imagined it to be. Bless me…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are making your contribution to me by allowing me to handle all the big and small matters.

Like you say, let's surrender and enjoy this moment.

Life would never be as colourful without you. ho ho ho

Anonymous said...

Take a day at a time...
Very soon, u will be welcoming this amazing little baby gal... N all around u will be real happy for you.
Parenting skills, you will pick up along the way, no one is born with this skill.
Everyday will be a brand new experience.
I believe baby's smiles will melt your heart and you be glad to have her with you.