Thursday, January 08, 2009

My 2008

A late post, but I did do my review and reflection of 2008. On hindsight, the year did not seem bad afterall - it is always a blessing to have all things to work out eventually, isn't it?

Work had been very challenging as I struggled my way through… There were countless moments when I sat at my desk and pondered hard over what was the appropriate next step. And my bonus sucked big time as compared to others when I got my adjustment letter in Nov. But it was all rectified when my boss gave a pretty good pay increment thereafter.

Relationships with family hasn't been easy - heaps of effort to get them handled, and they drove me nuts very often. Fortunately, there wasn't any big issue that could not be resolved, and together with the support from Dan, so I should not be complaining.

I did 2 marathons in 2008, which is the first time…and after 3 years from my first full marathon attempt in 2005. There were improvements in each run, which was something for me to celebrate about. Running - it is about ability and determination to finish a run even though I am not built for it and I am less than half past six at it. My learning and results from running are used to support all other areas in my life when I face crunch times.

I did 3 a-week long diving trips in the year too. Diving opens up a different world and experience… It is awesome to see so many remarkable living things in the sea. Besides, it is amazing how one's mind will never be on anything else (like work or dinner!) underwater…

All being said, I wish for a better and smoother year in 2009…

No comments: