Thursday, July 24, 2008

Madness?

Yes, I have signed my life away again for Standard Chartered Singapore Run 2008…. Past year runners still have 30% additional discount off the early bird registration fee… Ya, right… such good deal, isn't it? *cynical snort*

Certainly, "life is an enrolment game". Cos the best news is I managed to drag 2 other people to be with me in this Dec 7 run… Did you see my devil horns? Together we should suffer… Muahahaa…

Depending on how you see it, it is time to create another new relationship between time and result:

1. Every run like this means improving the previous recorded timing and thus result, or

2. Three months is a short time to train for a marathon if you have been lazy in running or you have not been running longer distance at all… Is it stretchy? Yes. Is it possible? Yes… So it is an achievable goal afterall (with lotsa sweat, pain and effort!). More time doesn't mean you will be more prepared or ready anyway. Quoting Adidas "Impossible is nothing"…

Oh yes, I must be insane...