Friday, April 18, 2008

Offsite

Finally, the offsite is over. It had been hard work for both Ed and I for the past weeks, trying to put together this event. It happened at The Sentosa Resort & Spa from last Sun to Tue. We got all business units’ heads in Asia attending this annual offsite, and one of my bosses basically called the shot to this offsite.

This was the first event that my bosses could literally witness how I was since I joined this company five months ago, it was also the first time that I got to see all the heads that I have been dealing with over emails… thus I took no chance with anything that happened around this event. I went through the event order over and over in my head, even just before I fell asleep each night as the dates drew near to ensure that I covered everything in perspective.

And phew, all went fine. Little hiccups all in all… The delegates were full of praises and my bosses were pleased. I should say that the teambuilding events like the rafting and cooking challenge added a lot of fun to the 3 days. Otherwise, it would be soo…oo dry… with all the numbers crunching, the strategic planning and discussions.

I am just glad that it is finally over, and the effort has paid off. Finally, I can breathe a little better…

No comments: