Friday, February 15, 2008

V'day

It was V'day yesterday. I am never a huge fan of this day as it is certainly oversold by the marketers. Yet, I do appreciate the meaning behind all the extravagant and overt expressions of love on such a day.

I remembered how I used to celebrate this day as a "Friendship" day, giving friends some small pressies on such a day to express the love for one another. It was also a day in school where there were much excitement in the air - friends gathered in groups, giggling away while witnessing some of the foolish acts, gossiping about who was into who, cheering when a friend walked over to express his liking for a girl... Yes, sound like childish days huh? But these were all the fun and memorable times back then... We were only young once, aren’t we?

I could not remember exactly what I did for these years of V’day, yet, I have vivid memories of my 1st V’day with my 1st love... Young then, it was a simple yet sweet evening spent together.

What did I do this year? Some amusing smses that made me fall off my sofa, a dinner at the hawker centre, gobbling away the tasty handmade noodles, and then an 8km run, sweating it out together. Sounds boring? Well, I feel this is quiet and good enough for me...

Life can be so complicated yet so simple at times...

No comments: