Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Over last two weeks...

I went missing for awhile without any updates… Simple – I was totally overwhelmed by work awhile back then that I totally had no time or strength to blog.

Long story short, I was so caught up with an offsite event that I was preparing in Hanoi for this weekend. There had been many issues to tackle and areas to look at. Yet, the best is yet to be, for I received a call late last Thu evening from my boss to say that it needs to be postponed… Oh well, what else can I say?

Logically, it’s a blessing for the fact that I have time to breathe this week when it is supposedly to be topsy turvy, and I would need to spend my weekend in Vietnam working. But then again, the whole cycle of nightmare will soon start again once the new dates are out.

I did make a trip to Hanoi over 4 days two weeks ago, and spent some time getting myself familiar there. It was pretty fun overall – it was a whole new experience seeing Vietnamese’s ways of life, tasting their food, walking their streets… The food was pretty yummy ok! We did a day trip to Halong bay too, which supposedly is one of the must-go places in Hanoi. Yet, I think I remembered the torturous 3 and ½h road journey to and fro better than Halong itself!

I also bought a pair of Coleman trekking shoes last week finally, and tried them at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve last Sun. I felt like I was walking in elephants’ feet as the shoes felt so heavy after awhile. Wonder how am I going to climb Kinabalu with the lousy physical state I am in… and we have yet to set any concert date to that climb too… Still trying to find a suitable date - I want to do other holidays too leh! Limited time, unlimited wants!!

Time… always seems to be in scarcity nowadays…*shrug*

No comments: